GFO Members receive:
- Library lookup services in any resource held in our library;
- Access to more than 500,000 pages of digital genealogical content in MemberSpace;
- Access to Fold3, HistoryGeo, HeritageQuest Online, and American Ancestors at home or the library;
- Free lookups in Ancestry World Edition, Newspapers.com Publisher's Extra, FindMyPast, and FamilySearch images available at affiliate libraries.
- Discounts on seminars and workshops;
- 10% off used books purchased from the GFO / 50% for life members (except GFO publications & featured surplus books);
- Discounts on Oregon Historical Society (OHS) membership, Legacy Family Tree Webinars, VIVID-PIX software, and Legacy Tree Professional Research;
- Online access to Members-Only videos;
- Free admission to the GFO Library whenever it is open;
- The Bulletin, our quarterly magazine; and
- The Insider, our digital newsletter, currently published eight times a year.
- Volunteer as research assistants
- Hold elective office and chair committees
- Vote in GFO elections
- Chair a Special Interest Group
Members also receive a tax deduction
... because membership dues are 100% tax deductible!