SPECIAL NOTE: Fulfillment of research services takes a bit longer due to limited access during the coronavirus closure. We will fill your order as quickly as we can.
The Forum has a small volunteer staff who will search GFO resources for up to one hour for people who live outside the Portland area. The fee is $15 per half hour, ($15 minimum) and includes up to 15 emailed digital images or 5 printed and postal-mailed images.
One inquiry per request should be made. For instance: search for the death date of my ancestor; or copy the city directory listings of my ancestor; or search the Multnomah County Marriage Index for my ancestor.
Records available for research include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Portland City Directories, 1887 to 1985.
- Multnomah County Marriage Indexes (May 1875–1978). Marriages between 1920 and 1978 are not in our online index.
- Early Settlers File. Family group sheets submitted by members of early Oregon pioneer families. "Early" is considered to be before 1900.
- Portions of any book or microform found in our online catalog here.
- The Forum also has a few obituary files.
If you would like more information about our research services please click here.
Order a research request here, or mail it with payment to:
GFO - Research
2505 S.E. 11th Ave., Suite B-18
Portland, OR 97202-1061
A private researcher can be hired to do more extensive research.