GFO's Diversity and Inclusivity Statement, adopted February 13, 2018
The GFO is a membership organization, and member benefits include unlimited access to the library and GFO resources during open hours. Be sure to check our GFO calendar for online events.
The day-use fee for non-members is $8 for a full day.
Our library computers offer Ancestry.com Library Edition, Family Search Affiliate Library Access, Fold3, HeritageQuest, HistoryGeo, Newspapers.com, and American Ancestors. We also have a photocopier, printer, flatbed scanner, and a microfilm/microfiche scanner available for patron use.
GFO members get access at home to HeritageQuest, Fold3, HistoryGeo, and American Ancestors during the pandemic.
Link to Helpful Guides to the Library.
The GFO is located in the Ford Building which is equipped with wheelchair access and ADA compliant restrooms (call us for details) and paid visitor parking.
In order to protect our Library Collection and everyone's research experience, we ask members and visitors to observe the following Library Rules:
- Check-in and out at the reception desk.
- Use only pencils.
- No food or drink consumption in the Library.
- Speak softly; take conversations to the Common Area outside library doors.
- Cell phones on silent; conduct phone conversations in the Common Area.
- Do not mark Library materials; remove papers and bookmarks.
- Allow library volunteers to re-shelve books.
- Use library computers only for genealogy research.
- GFO is not responsible for lost items.
- Laptop computers, scanners, and cameras are allowed.
- The GFO Library is now a fragrance-free area. Many of our members have reactions to scents and we take great strides in making our facilities inclusive to all our members and visitors.