Together with our library’s collection, our array of online genealogical tools is central to research at the GFO Library. We work to bring our members value through our online subscription services. Our evaluation of available database subscriptions is ongoing.
Members have free access to:
- American Ancestors (New England Historic Genealogical Society)
- Ancestry World Edition (Canada, U.K., Europe, Australia/N.Z.)
- FamilySearch Affiliate
- Findmypast (UK records)
- Fold3 (military and other historical records)
- HeritageQuest (U.S. censuses, city directories, Freedman's Bank Records)
- HistoryGeo (land records and historic U.S. maps)
- Newspapers.com (historical newspapers)
And our Research Assistants can help members with tools, techniques, and other know-how to get the most out of their library visit.
The following are a few of the sources for books that can be read online or downloaded. These include local histories and family history books.
Internet Archive - Internet Archive is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more.
Google Books - Search the world's most comprehensive index of full-text books.
FamilySearch Family History Books – The Family Search library has partnered with other large genealogy libraries to scan family history books as well as county and local histories, gazetteers, and genealogy magazines.