The GFO is a membership organization, and member benefits include unlimited access to the library and GFO resources during open hours. Be sure to check our GFO calendar for events and closures.
The day use fee for non-members is $7.
First Monday - Visit the GFO for Free
We invite visitors to research in our library for free the first Monday of each month. Research assistants can give you a tour, help you get started, answer questions, and assist you with your research. For more information about membership, day use fees, or First Monday, please call 503-963-1932.
A variety of databases are available on our library computers, including Ancestry.com World Edition, FindMyPast, Fold3, HistoryGeo, Newspapers.com, and American Ancestors. We also have a photocopier, printer, flatbed scanner, and our new microfilm/microfiche scanner available for patron use.
Link to Helpful Guides to the Library.
The GFO is located in the Ford Building which is equipped with wheelchair access and ADA compliant restrooms (call us for details), visitor parking, and a café just upstairs for hungry researchers in need of a quick break. Just outside our doors are a refrigerator, microwave, and tables where you may eat if you want to bring a lunch.
In order to protect our Library Collection and everyone's research experience, we ask members and visitors to observe the following Library Rules:
1. Check in and out at the reception desk.
2. Use only pencils.
3. No food or drink consumption in the Library.
4. Speak softly; take conversations to the Common Area outside library doors.
5. Cell phones on silent; conduct phone conversations in the Common Area.
6. Do not mark Library materials; remove papers and bookmarks.
7. Allow library volunteers to re-shelve books.
8. Use library computers only for genealogy research.
9. GFO is not responsible for lost items.
10. Laptop computers, scanners, and cameras are allowed.