Donate Your Family History!
GFO accepts donations of personal papers, manuscripts, and digital files related to family history research. Materials of greatest value to the Digital Manuscript Collection include:
- Genealogy charts and family group sheets
- Correspondence related to the families included in the collection
- Organized research notes and supporting materials
- Diaries, journals, and Bible records – originals or copies
- Birth, marriage, and death announcements of associated families
- Labeled photographs of associated families
Local history information from any location (not just Oregon) is appreciated and will often find a home on our Library shelves or in the vertical files. This could include cemetery transcriptions or indexes of local records.
How to Donate
Please contact us in Digital Manuscripts before bringing paper or mixed materials to the library. The GFO welcomes monetary contributions to help defray the cost of digitizing and storing donated papers.
We can accept Digital Collections in the form of GEDCOM files and/or digital images and documents. These can be sent to us at the above email address or brought to the library on a flash drive.