The newly reinstated Irish Interest Group will meet on the third Wednesday of the even months February, April, June, August, and October (there will be no meeting in December) from 6 to 8 p.m. in the multi-purpose area in the back of the GFO library.
Focus: Although all of the island of Ireland is included, our primary focus is the genealogical research of the Republic of Ireland, also known as the Irish Free State, Éire, Ireland, and Southern Ireland. Members of the GFO as well as their guests and any interested members of the public are welcomed to attend the Irish Genealogy SIG. One hour of each two-hour meeting will be spent on presentations about Irish history, genealogy, and resources while the second hour will focus on Irish Brick Wall questions.
The facilitator of the Irish Genealogy Special Interest Group is Kate Eakman, and Tom O'Brien is the group's corresponding secretary. You may contact them here.
Anyone with an interest in Irish genealogy is welcome to join us.
Please refer to the GFO Calendar for the most current meeting information.
- The IreAtlas Townland Data Base
- Index of Townlands, 1901
- Griffith's Valuation
- Online Irish Names Directory
- Genuki – British Isles Genealogy
- Irish Genealogy Resources on the Internet
- Irish Roots
- Fianna Guide to Irish Genealogy
- Ireland's Library Portal
- Boston Pilot Newspaper – Information Wanted Ads
- The Irish in America
- Irish and Irish-American Genealogy – University of Minnesota
- Irish Genealogical Society International
- Place names in Irish
- Irish Heritage Club – Seattle
- Irish Books and Media
- From Ireland
- For more Irish genealogy links and files please join Yahoo!-Groups