The Forum has many resources available to genealogists and this page will serve as a directory, pointing the researcher to information on the Forum’s special collections, as well as providing “how to” information on doing research at the Forum. Please check back often as new guides will be added periodically.
Members of the Forum have created over a dozen research guides that cover a variety of topics, including Searching Vital Record and Researching Your Revolutionary War Ancestor. Guides from other sources are available at the library.
- Oregon Genealogical Libraries and Collections
- House history resources (pdf)
- Using the Census at the Forum
- Guide to the Soundex Code
- Searching for Vital Records
- Search for a Birth Parent
- Native American Research
- Researching U. S. Passenger Lists at the Forum
- Searching for the Ancestor’s Multnomah County Naturalization File (pdf)
- Using GFO Land Records for the Oregon Territory (pdf)
- How to Use Swem’s, The Virginia Historical Index
- Researching Your Revolutionary War Ancestor
- African American Research (pdf)